Jordan Industrial Ports Company Security Policy Statement
JIPC is committed to provide a secure working environment by establishing and maintaining the required security measures to prevent unlawful acts against the ports, its facilities and berthed or adjacent ships. Failure to do so would endanger the safety and security of persons and property.
The development and implementation of Security plans for the Terminals will be in line with the International shipping and port security (ISPS) code and in accordance with the Maritime Security act.
JIPC objectives include:
- Provide security procedures and practices for ports operations to protect the security of facilities, infrastructure, people, maritime operations and the wider community.
- Fully comply with PFSP and SSP
- Establish safeguards to reduce the risk to any persons within the JIPC ports including staff, visitors, contractors, suppliers, passengers, and crew.
- Improve the security skills and awareness of JIPC ports and on board a berthed ship; and
- Prepare a contingency measures for emergencies relating to possible security incidents.
And this achieved by:
- A security risk assessment and a maritime security plan specific to JIPC ports.
- Comprehensive training for all company personnel.
- Conducting security drills.
- Actively promoting security awareness amongst JIPC ; and
- Regular documented reviews and internal audits of security procedures and plans, in order to allow for constant updates and improvement to the plan.
All employees are expected to comply with the required procedures within the maritime security plan and are to be familiar with the relevant security duties required from them and the measures required to protect JIPC and facilities from any unlawful act.